Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Bill and Cassandra wanted to camp, but I didn't. Our compromise was they would spend the night out on my mom and stepdad's property Friday night, and I would stay home by myself. Did you hear that? BY MYSELF!! *happy happy joy joy* I think the last time I spent the night by myself in this house was September 2007. Anyway, the plan was for them to camp overnight, pick me up on Saturday morning, and go back up there to keep my mom company while my stepdad and his crew worked. By "crew", I mean his son and another random worker.


Anyway, they left around 3:30pm Friday and got to the site around 4:30pm. My mom and stepdad were already up there in their big-ass motorhome. Bill didn't want Cassandra to be dependant on grandma and the motorhome, so he chose a spot further down. My stepdad is turning all this property into a subdivision, and one road has been pushed through to where it will intersect with the cross road. Bill decided to set up camp at the end of that road...

Photobucket





Here's the tent smack dab in the middle of Seneca St.


Photobucket





Bill set up an awning in case it rained


Photobucket





The fire pit


Photobucket




Bill used bits of dry wood as well as dryer lint for kindling


Photobucket





Cassandra working the flint


Photobucket





Success!!


Photobucket


Photobucket




Frying up some bacon for breakfast on Saturday the 4th


Photobucket




The rocks kept tumbling down the bank, and Bill said it sounded like animals tromping through the campsite all night. I was blissfully sleeping in my own bed in my own house, so was not concerned with this in the least.


Photobucket






Cassandra and my mom wondering what they are doing up so early on a Saturday


Photobucket






This is the road they were working on over the weekend.


Photobucket


Photobucket






Coming into the subdivision. You can see the big-ass motorhome directly in front of the green shop building


Photobucket






My stepdad's plan is to build their home on top of the hill. A few trees still had to be cleared. They want to buy a house in town as well, so this smaller house will probably be built next summer, or possibly the summer after that.


Photobucket






My stepbrother, stepdad and Bill unloading my mom's cool new grill. Can't have 4th of July without grilling something :D


Photobucket






It was very hot outside, so my mom's dog, Samantha, tried to get comfortable in the shade...


Photobucket






Maybe this position?


Photobucket






Ahhh, this is IT


Photobucket






My mom grilling our lunch. I highly recommend Costco's Kirkland brand sirloin hamburger patties, along with the Kraft fake cheese slices :D


Photobucket






Heading down to the previous night's campsite where it's nice and cool. It was almost 90 degrees, and we were getting pretty hot.


Photobucket






Kind of like "Where's Waldo", but you have to find Samantha. Can you see her? She's slightly to the lower right of the center of the photo.


Photobucket






The blue thing with hair is Cassandra. The small white horizontal thing on the left is Samantha. Apparantly, they were tired of us, LOL!


Photobucket





1 comment:

  1. I love the photos, Dion! I think you were very wise staying in your own house, in your own bed! :oD

    ReplyDelete